Bounty Hunter : thief sub-class (v0.1)
The bounty hunter is a specialized tracker who hunts down criminals. They are mercenaries (neutral alignement) or officiers of local government as sheriff, bailiffs or constables (lawful alignement).
Same abilities as thief
- Alignement : usually lawful or neutral
- Attack modifier : as thief
- Critical Die/Table: as thief
- Action dice : as thief
- Ref / Fort / Will: as thief
- Weapon training: as thief. Bounty hunter is also trained in mancatcher
- Thieves' Cant : not available to bounty hunter
- Luck and Wits : not available to bounty hunter
- Luck Die : not available to bounty hunter
- Hit points : d8
- Thieving skills : bounty hunter interests for thieving skills is different from others thieves (see skills bonus by level table)
- Luck : A bounty hunter’s Luck modifier applies to all Bounty Hunter Skills checks
- Waylay : When the attack roll is 20+ (not natural) with a weapon doing subdual damage (as blackjack or flat of the sword), the opponent must take a Fortitude save DC 10 + bounty hunter level or be stunned by 1d6 rounds (cannot take any actions or move). The stunned foe may make subsequent save each round to shake free of the stun.
- Gather Information (Personnality) : this skill allow the bounty hunter to gather information about local news and rumors (DC10), specific location of a man or item (DC 15). +5 to the DC if the people are hostile. To gather information, the bounty hunter gives some coins, buy drinks, make friends or intimidate.
- Tracking (Intelligence) : this skill allows the bounty hunter to find and follow tracks. The base DC is 10. The Juge can increase or decrease DC depending of the circonstances. Good circonstances : good weather, light, soft ground, multiple creatures to follow. Bad circonstances : rocky ground, bad lightning, bad weather, old tracks. Characters move at half speed while tracking.
New Weapon : Mancatcher
Damage : 1; two-handed weapon; cost : 10 gp. If the attack is successful, the opponent is grappled : the target cannot move or take any significant action until he frees himself from the pin. This is done by succeeding in standard grapple check (see page 96).
|Thievery Skills||Bonus by level|
|Hide in shadows||1||3||5||7||8||9||10||11||12||13|
|Climb sheer surfaces||1||3||5||7||8||9||10||11||12||13|
|Cast spell from scroll||d10||d10||d12||d12||d14||d14||d16||d16||d20||d20|
|Bounty Hunter Skills||Bonus by level|
Level 1 : Tracer
Level 2 : Tracker
Level 3 : Quarry Man
Level 4 : Hunter
Level 5 : Master Hunter